The Heart of America series series is comprised of nine of the best triathlons in the Midwest- all well run events on quality courses – offering a wide range of challenges. Each race in the series is put on by different race organizations creating a similar but unique racing experience. All events in the Heart of America Triathlon Series are USA Triathlon sanctioned and all are chip timed for accurate and timely results.
Points are awarded for participating in each race. Series winners receive free entries into each of next year’s races.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE SERIES
There are no additional steps or hidden costs to participate in this series. When you complete one of the races in the series, your points will be automatically calculated and posted on this website.
Here’s the 2012 Schedule:
- May 20 - Bluff Creek Sprint and Olympic Triathlons
- Jun 3 - Pigman Sprint Triathlon
- Jun 16 - Quad Cities Triathlon
- Jul 14 - Lake Geode Challenge Triathlon
- Aug 5 - Camp Courageous Triathlon
- Aug 12 - Hickory Grove Triathlon
- Aug 19 - Pigman Long & Olympic Course Triathlons
- Sept. 9 - Cy-Man Triathlon
- Sept. 16 - Trihawks Triathlon (Series Championship)
HOW POINTS ARE RECEIVED AND CALCULATED
- Participants are awarded full points for all races they complete during the year. (This is new. In the past it was only top 5 races)
- Overall winners (male & female) receive 1,000 points.
- Each participant earns points based on the percentage behind the overall winner. As an example, if your time is 20 percent slower than the overall winner, you will receive 800 points.
- Top 3 overall male and female
- Top 1 masters male and female
- Top 1 age group male and female (19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65 & above)
- Age groups will be determined by participant’s age on December 31st. This is the same as the USA Triathlon rules.
- Awards will be given out at the series championship on September 18th or mailed out to the winners.
The Heart of America Triathlon Series championship race will determine the winners of free entries into the 2013 Heart of America Triathlon Series races. The University of Iowa’s Trihawks Triathlon on September 18th will host this year’s series championship. The race will feature a special wave start dedicated for the series champions. Only series award winners are eligible to win the free entries.
- Only series award winners qualify to race in the championship wave.
- Age grading will be used to equalize the series championship field.
- Winners will receive free entries into 2013 Heart of America Triathlon Series races as follows:
- First place male and female will win free entries into all 2013 races
- Second place male and female will win free entries into 4 of the 2013 races
- Third place male and female will win free entries into 3 of the 2013 races
- Fourth place male and female will win free entries into 2 of the 2013 races
- Fifth place male and female will win free entries into 1 of the 2013 races
- Series award winners are not guaranteed a spot in this race if it fills up prior to their registration. Sign up early for this race especially if you feel you will qualify for the series championship.
- Full series points will be given to all finishers of the Trihawks Triathlon. The points will be for the first race in the 2013 season.